At least 20 persons are believed to have been killed in a fresh attack by unknown gunmen in Angwan Aku village, Kajuru Local government area of Kaduna state.
The latest killings took place at about 7:00 am on Monday when the attackers allegedly dressed in military uniform and armed with AK47 rifles, machetes and sticks stormed the village shooting sporadically.
According to an eyewitness account, many people sustained various degrees of injuries from gunshots.
“The attackers stormed the village and started shooting indiscriminately. We all started running to the bush. As we were running, they were also pursuing us as we ran to the bush, some people were killed in the bush”.
”Some of them were wearing military uniforms with bulletproof vests and they were speaking in Fulani language. I saw them from where I was hiding” a source who did not want his name revealed told newsmen on Monday evening.
The source further revealed the police arrived the village in eight Hilux vans, but could not go into the bushes to pursue the bandits.
He said, “The police came in eight Hilux vehicles, but instead of pursuing the bandits who ran to the bushes, they just turned back”.
According to him, there had been speculations about an impending attack since last week, which the state government was aware of.
“We had thought that the government would have taken the speculations seriously and be proactive, but they didn’t take it seriously and this had led to the killing of more of our people. It is rather very unfortunate”. He said.
The Kaduna state police command is yet to confirm the latest attack in the troubled local government.


Leave a Reply