2023: I am not running for president, says Adesina

Akinwumi Adesina, president of the African Development Bank (AfDB), Tuesday, dismissed reports that he is running for the office of the president of Nigeria in 2023.

Some groups last week reportedly purchased and submitted the presidential nomination form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on behalf of the AFDB president.

However, in a statement obtained by Alabingo.com on Tuesday morning, Adesina denied reports that he is running for the 2023 presidency.

”I have been extremely humbled by several calls from Nigerians at home and abroad that I should consider running for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am very touched by all who have gone to great extent, with such huge sacrifices, of their own volition, to consider me worthy to be proposed for potential consideration,” he said.

See also  Nigeria's debt to World bank climbs to $18.7bn under Tinubu

”The coalition groups of youth, women, farmers, physically challenged and well-meaning Nigerians that have done this have expressed their genuine free will, political right, freedom of expression, and association for my consideration, with the interest of Nigeria at heart. While I am deeply honored, humbled, and grateful for all the incredible goodwill, kindness, and confidence, my current responsibilities at this time do not allow me to accept to be considered.

”I remain fully engaged and committed to the mission that Nigeria, Africa, and all the non-African shareholders of the African Development Bank have given me for Africa’s development. I remain fully focused on the mission of supporting the accelerated development and economic integration of Africa. May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

 

Leave a Reply