Yusuf Bello| Twenty-two coronavirus patients were on Tuesday discharged in Sokoto state after they tested negative twice for the virus, the state government has said.
The state currently has 75 confirmed cases of the dreade coronavirus.
The chairman of the Sokoto task force committee on COVID-19 and commissioner for health, Ali Inname who made the disclosure at a briefing on the COVID-19 situation in the state, described the number of recoveries as the “highest so far achieved by the state.”
“However, out of the 75 active cases, today, we have successfully discharged 22 persons who dually tested negative for COVID-19, making a total of 41 patients discharged out of the 106 confirmed cases in the state,” he said.
“More so, the number of deaths has just increased by one today according to our update, leaving a total number of 52 active COVID-19 patients in the state.”
According to the commissioner, Sokoto recorded 106 confirmed COVID-19 cases as of May 11, out of which 12 patients have died.
He further revealed that 30 percent of the cases were females while 70 percent were males.
Inname who urged residents not panic but to adhere to measures to curb the spread, said the state had traced 874 contacts, out of which 431 persons had been tested for the virus.


Leave a Reply