Twenty-two persons have been reportedly killed while many women were abducted when suspected bandits attacked Zangon-Kankara and Makera in Kankara local government area of Katsina state.
According to the TheCable, a resident of Zango-Kankara said the attacks occurred on Thursday evening.
He said while 18 people were killed in Zangon, four lost their lives in Makera where several women were abducted.
The attackers, the resident told the publication, had written letters to the villagers ahead of the attack, warning them that they would strike.
He said, “The bandits had attacked Zangon earlier on Sunday and they came back on Thursday around 8 pm. They wrote letters to the village that they were coming to attack but nothing was done. Several people were killed in the attack, while many of our women were abducted.”
“Our people fled the town when the bandits attacked them. Police came nine hours later. Even with the presence of security operatives in the villages as we speak, people are leaving in droves.”
Katsina, the home state of President Buhari is one of the states with a high level of insecurity in the north-west.
Recently the father-in-law of the President’s ADC ad a district head was abducted by the bandits but was rescued by a special IGP team after spending weeks with his abductors.
With additional report from the TheCable


Leave a Reply