By our reporter|The Lagos State Government on Sunday confirmed that a 36-year-old man died of coronavirus in the state.
The Lagos Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, who made the announcement via his Twitter handle said that the Nigerian died on Saturday in a private facility.
Abayomi confirmed the death as the second coronavirus fatality recorded in Lagos.
A 55-year-old man who died on Friday, April 2 at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba, was the first coronavirus-related death recorded in Lagos.
The health commissioner, who also confirmed that Lagos had recorded six new COVID-19 cases, said another coronavirus patient had been evacuated from the state.
Abayomi tweeted, “We lost a COVID-19 patient – a 36-year-old Nigerian male who died in a private facility on the 4th of April, 2020. (The) total number of #COVID-19 patients who have died are now two.
“A case was evacuated bringing total evacuated to two.
“Six new cases of #COVID-19 confirmed, bringing total confirmed cases to 115. A #COVID-19 patient was discharged on the 4th of April, 2020. The number of #COVID-19 patients, who have fully recovered and discharged is now 24.”


Leave a Reply