83-year old woman dies from coronavirus in Lagos

Ebun Francis| An 83-year-old woman has died from complications of COVID-19, Lagos state government said on Sunday.

Lagos state commissioner for health, Akin Abayomi, who made the disclosure in a tweet, said the development brings to 14 the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in the state.

Abayomi tweeted, “23 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Lagos. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Lagos is now 309.”

“4 COVID-19 patients were discharged as at 18th of April bringing the total discharged cases to 94.

“Lagos recorded 1 death, bringing the total number of COVID19 related deaths in Lagos to 14. The deceased is a female, aged 83 with underlying health issues.

“Let’s observe social distancing and stay home to stop the transmission of COVID-19 infection.”

See also  Owo Church Attack: Court admits confessional statements, forensic report as DSS closes case

Lagos state, the epicentre of the dreaded coronavirus pandemic, has recorded 309 confirmed cases of Nigeria’s 542 toll. So far, 94 patients have been discharged.

Leave a Reply