Nigeria Army places N3m bounty on Shekau

Ebun Francis || The Nigeria Nigeria Army on Thursday said it will give a N3 million cash reward for anyone with credible information that will lead to the capture of the fugitive factional Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau.

Brigadier General Sani Usman, the army spokesman, made this known in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja.

The statement reads, “The Nigerian Army will give out Three Million Naira (N3,000,000.00k) cash reward for any credible information that leads to the arrest of Abubakar Shekau, the fugitive factional Boko Haram terrorists’ group leader.

“Anybody with such credible information can either contact the Military Command and Control Centre, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, any military location, security agencies or call the Nigerian Army Information and Call Centre 193”.

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

This is the third time a bounty is being placed on the brutal Boko Haram leader.

The first was in November 2012, when the federal government offered a N290 million cash reward for any information that would lead to the arrest of Sbekau.

Also in June 2013, the United States of America officially declared Boko Haram a terrorist organisation and placed a $7 million ransom on him.

Major General Nicholas Rogers, the Theatre Commander Operation Lafiya Dole, had earlier on Wednesday during a press briefing said that Shekau had been chased out of his hideout and is on the run.