Ebun Francis ||
The death toll in the twin suicide explosion in a mosque in Mubi, Adamawa State, North-east Nigeria, on Tuesday afternoon has risen to 27, the state government says.
The government also said 56 people were injured in the twin blast in a Mubi town.
The state Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Ahmad Sajoh, made this known in a statement on Tuesday evening.
He said the 56 injured persons were on admission in a hospital.
Mr. Sajoh said the blast occurred inside a mosque in Kasuwan Gwanjo (second hand clothes market).
“While condemning the satanic, cowardly and dastardly act, His Excellency Sen. Mohammed Umar Jibrilla Bindow, the executive Governor of Adamawa State, had ordered the immediate provision of medical supplies and mobilization of medical officers to the general hospital in Mubi.
“In addition, the Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency (ADSEMA) had been ordered to supply food and non-food items to the hospital to cater for victims and victims relations.”
Mr. Sajoh urged people to donate blood to help injured victims. He asked residents to be more vigilant and reiterated the government’s commitment to the protection of lives and properties of all citizens.
Tuesday’s explosion occurred at a mosque in Wuro-Burode near yan Gwajo part of Mini when a teenage set of his suicide vest close to unsuspecting worshipers.
The blast occurred while worshippers were holding Zuhr (Afternoon ) prayer.
According to an eyewitness account, the two attacks occurred within 10 minutes.
“The first attack happened in a mosque around 1:30 pm. People were heading to the mosque for prayers when the suicide bomber struck,” said the official who preferred to be anonymous.
“The second one happened at a market where second-hand items are sold. These attacks happened within 10 minutes.”

