Ebun Francis|
Ayodele Fayose, the former governor of Ekiti, on Monday, appeared before a Federal High Court in Lagos over alleged misappropriation of N30.8 billion of Etiti state fund.
He pleaded not guilty to the 11-count charge.
EFCC is prosecuting Fayose alongside his company — Spotless Investment Ltd.
After the arraignment of the accused, the defence counsel, Kanu Agabi (SAN), who is a former Attorney General of the Federation, informed the court of a motion on notice for the bail of the accused.
He told the court that same had been served on the prosecution.
Rotimi Oyedepo, the EFCC prosecutor while confirming receipt of service of the bail application, however, told the court that he required time to reply.
Justice Mojisola Olatoregun, consequently, adjourned the case until October 24 for the hearing of the bail application.
Meanwhile, following a plea by defence counsel on the temporary remand of Fayose, the court ordered that he be remanded in custody of the EFCC pending bail.

