Timi Dakola alleges police intimidation over couple’s invitation for falsehood, criminal conspiracy

Chidi Samuel|

Timi Dakolo, the husband of celebrity photographer, Busola, who last month accused Coza pastor, Bioudun Fatoyinbo of sexually assaulting her when she was 16, on Saturday alleged that his family is being intimidated by men of the Nigeria police force.

Timi’s allegation is coming on the heels of Saturday’s invitation for him and his wife, to report for questioning over what police authorities described as allegations of falsehood as stated in a letter dated July 18 from the special tactical squad of the inspector-general of police (IGP).

According to the letter, the police said, they investigating a case of criminal conspiracy, mischief and threat to life and directed to report on July 23 for an interview.

The letter read,“This office is investigating a case of Criminal Conspiracy, Falsehood, Mischief and Threat to life that your name was mentioned.”

“You are kindly requested to interview the undersigned officer on 23/07/2019 by 1000hrs for fact-findings, through DSP. Ibrahim Agu with telephone number 08037864191.”

See also  Nigeria's debt to World bank climbs to $18.7bn under Tinubu

But late on Saturday evening, Dakolo alerted Nigerians in an Instagram post about how men carrying guns arrived at his residence in a vehicle with number plate BR932KSF.

According to him, the officers, who claim to be from the IGP’s special tactical force, forced their way into his house to harass his family.

The popular singer also alleged that the police has failed to respond to a petition submitted by his family in June over the rape incident.

Below is full text of Dakolo’s Instagram post…

“Our lawyers had told us to get ready for this letter. We have long been ready for this type of institutionalized intimidation and dirtiness,” he said.

“Investigating officials have frustrated as a result of underhand delay? Dirty bloggers are fabricating things that cover the truth, going to the IG’s people under dark to force this case to be posted to Abuja?

“Now this: a false investigation in Abuja when our own petition filed since June has not been answered and NO INVITATION HAS BEEN MADE TO THE ACCUSED IN A RAPE CASE????! NOT ONE MOVEMENT TOWARDS JUSTICE??? Rubbishing the legal and criminal system?

“And sending a busload of questionable armed “policemen” and shady men lying in wait to intimidate my wife and children today, forcing their way into my home? Is that how the REAL police deliver a letter?

This is why all the hurting women and families haven’t come out with HORRIBLE THINGS DONE TO THEM???!!

“You picked the wrong one and you picked the wrong time. Nigerians are more awake than you think.

“I will fight for my wife and my children -it’s the promise I made with my life and one I intend to keep. I will defend them from the unrelenting attack of a weak man who thinks he can use money and power to cover for all of his crimes. Like I said, we have since been ready. GIVE US THE FIRE, THEN WATCH ME WORK!”

Leave a Reply