Four kidnapped Turkish Nationals regain freedom

The four Turkish nationals abducted in Kwara State last week have regained their freedom.

The men who were abducted from a local bar at Gbale village in Edu Local Government Area of the state are said to be construction workers.

They are Seyit Keklik (25), Yasin Colak (33), Ergun Yurdakul (35), and Senerapal (40).

Their kidnappers initially asked for a ransom of N400 million and later reduced their demand to N100 million.

.Freed Turkish Nationals

Kwara state police commissioner, Kayode Egbetokun, who received the men on Friday at the Police Headquarters in Ilorin, said no ransom was paid for their release.

He told newsmen that the police worked round the clock with local vigilantes to secure the release of the victims.

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

According to Egbetokun, the effort led to the arrest of a member of the gang which kidnapped them on Thursday while another one was apprehended on Friday.

The police commissioner further added that the arrests mounted pressure on the gang and forced them to release the captives unconditionally.

He also revealed that three suspects have been arrested so far while others were at large.

Leave a Reply