Vanguard Newspapers on Wednesday apologised to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo over a report the latter said is injurious to his person.
The vice president had earlier asked the publication through his lawyer, Femi Falana to retract a story titled ‘N90 bn FIRS election fund, Osinbanjo’s problem, not 2023 politics- Timi Frank or face legal action.
In a statement published on its website and signed by the editor, Vanguard said it is retracting the entire report following the discovery that the story ‘lacks factual substance.’
Anaba wrote, “On our website publication of Monday, September 23, 2019, we published a story titled “N90bn FIRS Election Fund: Osinbajo’s problem, not 2023 politics.” We have since discovered that the story lacks factual substance and we hereby retract it in its entirety.
“We tender our profound apology to Professor Yemi Osinbajo SAN, the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on whom the story touches directly and the All Progressives Congress, APC, for any inconvenience or embarrassment the publication has occasioned them. We hold Professor Osinbajo, SAN, in the highest esteem.”


Leave a Reply