By our reporter| The result of three suspected cases of coronavirus reported in Lagos on Thursday has emerged negative, Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, said on Friday.
Earlier on Friday, the nation’s Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, had confirmed that two out of three suspected cases had turned out negative.
Lagos State Commissioner for Health, Professor Akin Abayomi, earlier on Thursday, disclosed that three cases have been identified were being tested in the Lagos isolation centre.
One of those involved, he added, is a Nigerian who returned from France four days ago, a second entered the country from the United Kingdom and a third from China.
Dr. Ehanire, while updating journalists on the recent development of the COVID-19 case in Nigeria on Friday, stressed that the results take some time to come out, but the country has only one confirmed case.
“As of the three cases, one of them, we are expecting the result; it takes some hours for the results to come out.”
However, in a tweet on Friday evening, Professor Abayomi said all three do not carry the virus.
“All the three #COVID19 suspected cases; travellers from France, England and China whose samples were collected yesterday for analysis have tested negative and they have been discharged,” he said.


Leave a Reply