Ganduje set to name Bayero’s son as new Emir

The government of governor Abdullahi Ganduje has concluded plans to install a son of late Emir Ado Bayero as the new Emir of Kano.

Ado Bayero died in 2014 and was succeeded Sanusi, a former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

A government source familiar with current developments in the state made the disclosure on Monday afternoon to some select reporters.

“I can’t tell you the name now, but I can assure you that new Emir will be announced today (Monday).”

Earlier on Monday, the Secretary to the State Government, Usman Alhaji, announced the removal of Mr. Sanusi for alleged insubordination and disrespect for constituted authority.

According to him, the dethroned emir persistently refused to attend official meetings and programmes organised by the state government, without any lawful justification. He said the attitude amounted to “total insubordination.”

See also  US Supreme Court strikes down Trump's tariffs

“It is on record that in so many instances, Malam Muhammadu Sanusi ll has been found breaching part 3 section 13(a-e) of the Kano State Emirate Law 2019, and which if left unchecked will destroy the good and established image of the Kano Emirate.

“The Kano State Executive Council under the chairmanship of His Excellency, Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has unanimously approved the immediate removal, dethronement of the emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi ll.”

“This removal is made after due consultation with relevant stakeholders and in compliance with part 3 section 13 of the Kano State Emirate Law 2019 and other reasons stated above,” the official said.

Leave a Reply