Oyo state index coronavirus patient discharged

The Oyo state government on Tuesday said its index coronavirus patient has been discharged.

A statement made available to newsmen by Taiwo Adisa, chief press secretary to governor, Seyi Makinde, the patient was released consequent upon the completion of his treatment at Agbami Chest Hospital isolation centre, Ibadan.

The statement read, “The American returnee had initially tested negative only for the second test to read positive.”

“The index case had been on self-isolation at a private residence in Ibadan until he was transferred to the Isolation centre at Agbami, Jericho area of Ibadan on March 23.

“The index case was released after two consecutive negative tests.”

The statement also quoted Taiwo Ladipo, the state’s incident manager, as saying the confirmed case spent six days in the isolation centre and had two negative tests.

See also  US Supreme Court strikes down Trump's tariffs

“Ladipo said the released patient is well and very stable and is now back to his house.”

“He posited that the infectious disease specialist would be reviewing the patient for follow up action.”

The state government reminded residents that the dusk-to-dawn curfew (7 pm to 6 am.) had taken effect from Monday.

It advised the public to stay safe by following proper hygienic practices and observing social distancing.

The index case in Oyo state was reported on March 21. The patient had a travel history to the United States.

Leave a Reply