Ondo index COVID-19 case recovers, to be discharged- Gov Akeredolu

By our reporter| The Ondo state has index coronavirus case has recovered from the disease, and will soon be discharged from hospital, the state governor, Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, said on Monday.

The governor who made the disclosure in a series of tweets via his verified Twitter handle, said the case is a military officer who returned from India.

He explained that the patient was successfully treated at the government’s facility and that bhe received the news of the military officers recovery on Friday last week from the state commissioner for health.

The governor said, “What this means is that the first patient of the viral infection is now completely healed and free to go home, indeed free to resume his normal life in service to our country.”

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

“It is important to inform us all that upon presenting with the symptoms of the infection while in quarantine, the first sample from this Army officer was taken at the Nigerian Army Barracks, Akure on the 2nd of April 2020 and sent for test to ascertain his status.”

According to the governor, following the positive COVID-19 result on April 3, the military officer was subsequently admitted into the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) in Akure, the state capital.

He explained that the officer was on admission in the hospital where he received treatment until some improvements were noticed in his health.

The military officer, according to Governor Akeredolu, is in stable clinical condition has been declared fit for discharge.

Leave a Reply