Nigeria records 389 new infections as COVID-19 patient who escaped isolation centre is caught trading at Ondo market

Chidi Samuel| Nigeria on Saturday night confirmed 389 new coronavirus cases bringing the country’s infection toll to 12, 233.

The Nigeria Centre For Disease Control in a Tweet via its verified twitter hande said the new infections were recorded in Lagos, FCT, Delta, Oyo, Bornu, Rivers, Edo, Ebonyi, Anambra and Gombe.

Other states with new infections include, Nasarawa, Imo, Kano, Sokoto, Jigawa, Ogun, Bauchi, Kebbi, Kaduna, Katsina, Ondo, Abia and Niger.

According to the health agency, Nigeria so far, has 12, 233 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus with 3826 discharges and 342 deaths.

The tweet read, ”389 new cases of #COVID19;

Lagos-66
FCT-50
Delta-32
Oyo-31
Borno-26
Rivers-24
Edo-23
Ebonyi-23
Anambra-17
Gombe-17
Nasarawa-14
Imo-12
Kano-12
Sokoto-12
Jigawa-8
Ogun-7
Bauchi-5
Kebbi-2
Kaduna-2
Katsina-2
Ondo-2
Abia-1
Niger-1

See also  PENGASSAN faults executive order on oil revenue, says Tinubu ill-advised

12233 cases of #COVID19.”
Discharged: 3826
Deaths: 342

-COVID-19 patient who escaped isolation centre caught trading at Ondo market

Meanwhile, A COVID-19 patient who refused to receive treatment after testing positive for the disease was on Saturday arrested at “Oja Oba” market in Akure, capital of Ondo state.

Ondo State commissioner for health, Wahab Adegbenro, who made the disclosure, said the patient, a female, tested positive for the virus in Imo state but escaped to Ondo.

After her escape, both Imo and Ondo governments launched a manhunt and she was eventually caught selling second hand wares inside the market on Saturday.

The commissioner lamented over community transmission of the highly contagious virus and appealed to residents to cooperate with the government by observing the safety protocols listed by regulatory agencies in order to contain the spread of the virus.

Leave a Reply