By our reporter| The Nigerian army on Wednesday said that Boko Haram insurgents and not the military attacked the convoy of Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno state, in Baga last week.
A very furious Zulum confronted the military commander in the area shortly after the attack alleging sabotage on the part of the army, and later said he was attacked by soldiers.
But responding to the claim while appearing on Channels Television, John Enenche, coordinator of defence media operations, said the attack was carried out by Boko haram insurgents and not an act of sabotage, as alleged by the governor.
Eneche said the analysis carried out by the army proved that its officers were not involved in the attack.
He said, “It was an allegation which needed to be proved. And Also, I want to say that for such an allegation, it calls for worry on our part at the high command of which we went into action immediately. For you now to say sabotage, you gave superstar a baby to keep for you and you’re saying that somebody can kill that baby is a strong accusation.”
“We investigated it immediately and the strategic level is cleared of that; operational level cleared of that, tactical level, cleared of that. Now from the basics, I was interested and I took a cursory look. We analysed the video, the scenery. Even from the gunshots, the way it all played out, you will discover from the sound of the gunshots, it is not the conventional weapons that we use.
“Now, it comes to doubt because, from our training, you could tell the sound of a gun. And of course, if you have operated with an enemy for some time, we call it enemy habit.
“From the analysis, it was purely that of the enemies in that area, the Boko Harams. From the tactics, and from the manoeuvres exhibited, it was theirs. And from the search conducted, it was theirs. So, our fears were allayed after 48 hours. So, I can confidently tell the public that it was not anything sabotage.”


Leave a Reply