Your end is near for endangering the life of Igbos, Ohanaeze youths tell Nnamdi Kanu

By Chidi Samuel| The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council on Sunday warned Nnamdi Kanu, the self appoined leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), that his end is near after he endangered the life of Igbos across the country and incited violence in the south-eastern region.

The council also advised him to retreat now, and apologize to Ndigbos for the havoc he has caused.

Kanu last week urged #EndSARS protesters in the south-east to destroy the properties belonging to the Yoruba and .

But in a statement on Sunday, the youth council, through Okwu Nnabuike, its secretary general, said Kanu has deviated from “the peaceful approach of non- violent struggle, traditionally adopted by Biafra agitators”.

The statement read, “Nnamdi Kanu’s craftiness, bogus claims, lack of respect for Igbo elders and hatred for other ethnic groups in Nigeria, had endangered the lives and properties of Ndigbo in Lagos and Northern Nigeria.”

“Now, Ndigbo has seen clearly that IPOB had confirmed the reason why the once peaceful organization was proscribed and labeled a terrorist group. In the last few weeks, private and public properties as well as lives have wasted across Igbo with people carrying Biafra flags under the banner of EndSARS protests.

“From Aba to Awka, Onitsha, Owerri to Obigbo and Igbo towns, it has been tales of destruction and woes from the same people who are yet to recover from the effects of the Covid-19 lockdown. What kind of leader will make a video calling his followers to get weapons, kill policemen, and burn police stations? Meanwhile, the so called leader or freedom fighter is safe and away with his family in the whiteman’s country, London while his indoctrinated followers inflict death and destruction of the same people he purportedly seeks to liberate.

“Endsars Protests is a Purely Nigerian Youth Movement aimed towards addressing the abnormalities in Nigeria, attempts by Omoyele Sowore to infiltrate the Lekki Protesters was resisted by the Yoruba Youths. The recent vituperative attacks of Adesinya Grandson on Ndigbos had been dismissed and disowned by Afenifere and Yoruba Youths. The fall of Nnamdi Kanu is near, he should retreat now, and apologize to Ndigbos for endangering their lives in the North and South West, by inciting violence in Aba and Obigbo while his father’s house and Afara community is safe. A day of reckoning is fast approaching and inevitably near, when Nnamdi Kanu will no longer influence the Youths for his fame and wealth seeking games under the guise of ill -thought out Biafra agitation

See also  Police confirm Lakurawa bandits killed 33 in Kebbi attack

The group cautioned IPOB members to shelve their planned rally in the southern region, alleging that it is being sponsored “to create confusion and tension perhaps frighten Igbo governors with presidential ambitions to drop it”.

“OYC urges Igbo Youths to leave the streets. We Commend the Southeast Governors Forum for the maturity exhibited by allowing Endsars protesters to freely exhaust their activities against police brutality without molestation. Igbo Youths will further resist attempts by IPOB to venture into the Nigerian project through backdoor and create a breeding ground for State of Emergency to be declared in the South East and South South,” the statement concluded.

IPOB directs members to resume protests on Monday

Meanwhile, the outlawed Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) on Sunday said its members across the country will resume peaceful protests from Monday, October 26, 2020, to ensure that all demands made by the leaders of the #ENDSARS movement were met in quick time.

According to a statement by the groups spokesman, Comrade Emma Powerful, all necessary measures are being put in place to ensure that the lives of the protesters are protected.

He however said that the peaceful protest will be confined to designated locations and “there will be no procession or street march because marching on the streets will give room to mischief makers to breach public peace.”

He said the IPOB members will embark on cleaning up of towns in Benin, Enugu, Aba, Abakaliki, Umuahia, Nnewi, Uyo, Calabar, Onitsha and Igweocha to clear the debris caused by last week’s violence.

He said, “Following the killings, destruction and burning of private properties occassioned by the brutal state-sanctioned, murder of peaceful protesters at Lekki Toll Gate, brave youths across Biafraland would come out to commence the process of cleaning up and securing their towns and cities from hoodlums and criminal elements.

See also  Owo Church Attack: Court admits confessional statements, forensic report as DSS closes case

“This will afford young people in places like Benin, Enugu, Aba, Abakaliki, Umuahia, Nnewi, Uyo, Calabar, Onitsha and Igweocha the long-awaited opportunity to tidy up and clear the numerous mountains of rubbish in these cities which has become not only an eyesore but also a health hazard.

“Measures are also being put in place to protect the lives and properties of innocent citizens from being attacked by rented hoodlums and political thugs. However, where necessary, assets acquired with looted public funds by corrupt politicians will remain a legitimate target.

“It is important to note that anybody found attacking or engaging in arson or wanton destruction of private property will be dealt with on the spot.

“Peaceful protests will commence after the clean-up but will only be confined to designated locations, there will be no procession or street march. Marching on the streets will not be tolerated as not to give room to mischief makers to breach public peace.

“We are hereby issuing a warning that any hoodlum or rented thug found at the venue of any protest will be mercilessly dealt with by the people. We urge them to steer clear or better join us in the clean-up and peaceful gathering afterwards.

“Anybody found wandering near a bank or loitering with intent will be moved on. People will not be allowed to congregate near a bank or financial institution. No act capable of breaching the peace will be tolerated from Monday the 26th of October 2020 onwards.

“Protests and gatherings will be held but it must be peaceful and orderly. No criminality of any form will be condoned, either from hoodlums, hired thugs, the police or the army. Everybody must be well behaved.

“It is our hope that protests across Biafraland and Nigeria must continue until all demands made by the leaders of #EndSars movement met in quick time.

“We urge all youths who have been intimidated into submission by security agencies, especially in Abuja, to return to the streets from October 26. We warn every thug belonging to criminal politicians and DSS hoodlums to steer clear of protest venues or there will be a repeat of last week’s mayhem.”

Leave a Reply