By our reporter| The third mainland bridge will be fully opened to traffic by the 15th of February, Nigeria’s minister of works and housing, Babatunde Fashola said on Thursday.
Fashola made the disclosure during an inspection of construction work on major roads and bridges in Lagos State.
The Minister and his team visited who also visited the section of the Apapa-Oshodi expressway engulfed by fire when a petrol tanker burst into flames last week, explained that the partial closure of the third mainland bridge is delaying the scheduled maintenance on Falomo bridge.
“Once the third mainland bridge is reopened, we will move to Falomo bridge and replace the expansion joints,” he said.
The third mainland bridge has been partially shut since July 24 for repair works which was scheduled to last for six weeks.
But two weeks lost to the #EndSARS protests necessitated a push in the completion date, according to the Ministry of Works and its contractors.


Leave a Reply