By our reporter| Nasarawa State governor Abdullahi Sule, Friday, while visiting President Muhammadu Buhari raised alarm over the invasion of the state by Boko Haram insurgents.
The governor who was in Abuja to discuss security issues in his state, said many of the Boko Haram insurgents are regrouping in Nasarawa State and they belong to the Darussalam group that had been dislodged from Niger State.
According to the governor, a joint security operation, a lot of them were killed while 900 were arrested, those arrested, he said, confirmed their membership of the Boko Haram insurgency group and have been handed over to the authorities.
The governor also sought the intervention of the Federal Government particularly for them to take over the Jitata road in Nasarawa, which serves as an alternative route from the state to the FCT.
He said, “I have come to see the leader of our party and the leader of the nation and our father, Mr. President, to brief him about the activities happening in the state, especially in the area of security.
“We have continued to have challenges with a team of Boko Haram who were settled at the border with the FCT. We thank the security forces that were able to dislodge them. Now, they have gone back and gathered at our border with Benue and they are causing a lot of havoc.”


Leave a Reply