More Chibok girls ‘escape’- Report

Some of the Chibok girls abducted and held by the Boko Haram insurgents since 2014 are believed to have escaped from the insurgents camp on Thursday.

According to Daily Trust, a parent who spoke with the publication, said some of them had been contacted by officials handling the girls and that the affected parents might be invited to Maiduguri on a later date.

Halima Ali is one of the girls believed to have escaped five years since the escape of her sister Maryam, the source said.

Halima, according to the publication, was married off to a commander under the instruction of Abubakar Shekau few months after their abduction from their boarding school in Chibok.

See also  ‘Death warrant on credible elections’ - ADC slams Tinubu for signing electoral amendment bill

Halima’s father, Ali Maiyanga, could not be reached for comment but a credible source said friends and family members trooped to the family house of Halima to congratulate the family on the good news.

The Secretary, Chibok Parents Association, Lawal Zannah, said he had information that some of the girls had escaped but had not yet ascertained the number.

“We heard that some of our girls have escaped from the forest, but we are yet to get the detail about their number,” Zannah said.

Boko Haram insurgents abducted 219 schoolgirls from their hostel in Chibok in 2014, sparking international outrage.

Four of the abducted girls; Amina Ali, Maryam Ali, Rakiya Ntsiha, and Solomi Titus first escaped before the release of 107 others after the federal government negotiated with the terror group.

See also  US Supreme Court strikes down Trump's tariffs

 

Leave a Reply