Abductors of Kaduna students demand N500m, Governor El-rufai rules out negotiation

The bandits who kidnapped 39 students from the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation in Afaka, Igabi local government area of Kaduna state on Thursday night have demanded N500 million for their release.

Three parents of some of the abducted students on Saturday confirmed that the abductors made contact to demand N500 million ransome but Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai had earlier ruled out ransome payment or negotiating with the bandits.

The bandits on Saturday using the Facebook accounts of the abducted students, released three videos showing them being flogged by men in military uniform in what appeared to be a forest.

In the first footage released on Friday at 1:07pm, through the Facebook account of one Kelvita K. Dan, the gunmen pointed at a man in a red shirt and asked him to speak. “My name is Abubakar Yakubu,” he said.

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

“A student of Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation Kaduna. I am appealing to the Governor of Kaduna State, the state government, and Federal government,” before the 30 seconds video ended.

Kelvita appealed to the Nigerian government to come to their rescue by paying the N500 million demanded by their abductors.

The third video showed a gun pointed to a man identified as Benson Emmanuel who appealed to the government to secure their release.

“Most of us here have been badly injured, time is going, most of us here are having health issues and they are complaining about the government trying to send security operatives to come and rescue us which is almost impossible, because they have surrounded us saying anybody that comes from anywhere to try to rescue us or do anything by force, they are going to take our lives.”

See also  Gunmen abduct, kill traditional ruler in Ondo

“We are appealing to government to come now that is early because these people have bad mind towards us, we are appealing to the government to help us,” he said.

Leave a Reply