Nine suspects arrested over attack on Soludo, says Obiano

Chidi Samuel| Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state on Wednesday said nine suspects have been arrested in connection with the attack on former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Charles Soludo.

Obiano who made the disclosure while speaking at the Dora Akunyili Women’s Development Centre in Awka, the state capital, assured residents that other suspects will be apprehended.

He said, “What happened last month is unfortunate. But let me tell you, we have re-strategised and we are coming out like a smoking gun.”

“We are not going to take prisoners. The nine people that attacked professor Soludo are in our net now. We will go after the others.

“We are not going to take prisoners any longer. A special squad has already been put together, and they are already working everywhere.”

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

Soludo was attacked in March while attending a meeting with youths in Aguata LGA of the state, with three of his police details killed.

The state commissioner for public utilities, Emeka Ezenwanne was also abducted during the attack but has since been released.

Leave a Reply