By our reporter| The police on Thursday said they have arrested 10 suspects allegedly involved in the failed attack on the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom earlier this year.
The Acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Usman Alkali, who announced the arrest at a special briefing of State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said so far, investigations show the outcome is contrary to the claims made by the governor.
“Those who organised and those who pulled the trigger have all been arrested and investigation is ongoing,” he said.
The police chief said the suspects are still being detained by the police without prosecution because judiciary staff are on strike.
“We have had them for over a month but the courts have been closed for over three months, where do I take them to?” he said.
It will be recalled that Governor Ortom, had in March, stated that gunmen suspected to be herders attacked him on his farm near Tyo-mu, along Makurdi-Gboko Highway of Benue State.


Leave a Reply