Female Student: I don’t think bandits who attacked my school are Nigerians

By our reporter| A female student who narrowly escaped Thursday’s attack on Federal Government College, Birnin-Yauri, Kebbi state, says she doesn’t think the gunmen are Nigerians.

Alabingo.com reported that bandits earlier on Thursday, stormed the school in motorcycles shot two students, killed a security officer, and abducted students and teachers.

The female student who spoke shortly after the attack, said the bandits released some of the students and took away others.

“They took four teachers — Mr. Kabantyok, Mallam Bash, the security officer, and the VP, student affairs; they took Mr. Jekonia, that tall man in the primary school, and they took his wife,” she said.

“They took some students. They shot one SSS 3 boy. They shot two students. I think they are under treatment now.

See also  Nigeria's debt to World bank climbs to $18.7bn under Tinubu

“They took SSS 1 and SSS 2 students, mostly girls and those people (referring to the gunmen), I don’t think they are from Nigeria at all because my mum and I hid.”

The Kebbi incident is the third known attack on a school in the country in the last three weeks.

On May 30, pupils were abducted from an Islamic School in Tegina, Niger State.

Two weeks later, staff and students at Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic in Kaduna State were also kidnapped by bandits.

Leave a Reply