Igboho cancels Lagos rally after attack on his house

By our reporter| The Yoruba nation rally scheduled to hold in Lagos on Saturday has been cancelled.

The Yoruba youth leader, Sunday Adeyemo also known as Sunday Igboho announced the cancellation of the rally following an attack on his house early on Thursday.

Two persons were reportedly killed while cars and valuable items were destroyed during the attack.

Igboho who announced the cancellation of the Yoruba Nation mega rally planned for Lagos
while speaking with BBC News Pidgin, claimed that the attack was carried out by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) and the Nigerian army.

Igboho further stated that he was taken aback by the attack as he had not committed any crime to warrant being targeted, adding that the planned rally was meant to be a peaceful one.

See also  Police confirm Lakurawa bandits killed 33 in Kebbi attack

“I fight for my family because Fulani bandits killed my family and raped them,” he said.

“Government refused to do the right thing for my family. That is why I am fighting for them, so I am surprised. They killed two people during the shooting, and they destroyed my property and my vehicles.”

An umbrella body of Yoruba groups, Ilana Omo Oodua, had earlier on Thursday said the rally would go ahead despite the attack on Igboho’s house.

“We want to confirm again that the Pro-Yoruba nation rally scheduled to hold on Saturday, July 3rd, in Lagos will proceed as scheduled,” Banji Akintoye, the leader of the group, had said.

Leave a Reply