‘Yoruba nation rally’ in Lagos will go ahead, says Igboho

By our reporter| The “Yoruba Nation” rally that his group scheduled for Saturday will go ahead as planned, Sunday Igboho, self-acclaimed Yoruba activist has vowed.

Igboho had earlier announced the cancellation of the rally following a raid at his home by the Department of State Services (DSS) in Ibadan on Wednesday.

But in a Facebook live broadcast on Thursday through his media aide, Olayomi Koiki, Igboho said the rally will hold as scheduled.

“I can still confirm officially that the Lagos rally in as much as whatever news or rumours you’ve been listening to from different outlets, will go as planned.”

“The 3rd of July Mega rally will go as planned. All arrangements for the rally has been planned and nothing has changed.

See also  PENGASSAN faults executive order on oil revenue, says Tinubu ill-advised

“I have spoken to the organisers, nothing has changed so far. 3rd of July from exactly 9:00am in the morning. The whole arrangement and planning is going on.

“Come out in numbers to support the freedom of Yoruba Self Determination. 1999 constitution is a fraud! 1914 Amalgamation has expired. Yoruba Nation No going back,” he posted on his Facebook page.

The Commissioner of Police in Lagos, Hakeem Odumosu earlier on Wednesday warned against any rally under any pretext in the state.

“The Lagos State Police Command hereby warns that no rally will be allowed, under whatever guise, in any part of the state,” Odumosu said, saying it cannot afford the kind of security lapses experienced during the #EndSARS protest in October, last year,” he said.

Leave a Reply