Ebun Francis/ The Yoruba nation leader, Sunday Igboho will remain in custody till Friday as the case involving was adjourned on Thursday.
The Cour De’appal De Cotonou in Benin Republic adjourned hearing till Friday, July 23 following the arraignment of the activist on immigration-related offences.
According to BBC report, neither Igboho’s lawyers nor the Beninese counsel spoke on what transpired in the court on Thursday.
Igboho and his wife have been in custody since their arrest at Cardinal Bernardin International Airport, Cotonou, as they attempted to board a flight to Germany on Monday.
They were interrogated by Beninese security operatives at the Brigade Criminelle facility between Wednesday and Thursday.
Olayomi Koiki, media aide to Igboho, had earlier said the outcome of the court hearing will be favourable.
“Benin Republic respects its laws and we have to appreciate that instead of listening to distractions. We all know that Igboho is not a criminal or terrorist,” he had said.
“Let us therefore allow the lawyers to do their work. We all want to know the outcome of the case but let us be patient for now. Maybe, there will be more update today or tomorrow. Whatever happens will be in our favour.”


Leave a Reply