DHQ says 13,243 insurgents have so far surrendered

By our reporter/ The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) says 13,243 insurgents and their families have so far surrendered to the army in the north-east, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) announced on Thursday.

Bernard Onyeuko, acting director, defence media operations, who made the disclosure while giving an update on military operations across the country, said the surrendered insurgents comprise 3,243 males, 3,868 females and 6,234 children.

According to Onyeuko, troops of Operation Hadin Kai had sustained “aggressive posture with vigour in the north-east” which had yielded significant results in the last two weeks.

He said the series of land and air operations conducted in different locations across the north-east theatre had reduced the operational capabilities of the insurgents, with several of them killed.

See also  PENGASSAN faults executive order on oil revenue, says Tinubu ill-advised

According to him, several other insurgents were arrested alongside their informants and logistics suppliers.

 

Leave a Reply