2023 Presidency: I don’t think anyone is more qualified than me – Wike

By our reporter/ Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State says he doesn’t think anyone is more qualified to become Nigeria’s President other than himself.

Wike, who made the assertion on Tuesday during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today, said based on his records as Minister as well as the governor of the oil-rich state, he has the requisite experience to govern the country.

The outspoken governor had earlier on Tuesday while addressing a meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) stakeholders, said politicians are taking the south for granted on zoning of the presidential ticket.

“For somebody of my kind and record, a governor and a minister, I don’t even see anybody who will tell me that he is much more qualified than me, I don’t think that is possible,” Wike said on Channels TV.

“Assuming today I want to run for the office of the President, what quality do you think I do not have? Why do you think I cannot provide the right leadership for Nigeria to move forward?

See also  Nigeria's debt to World bank climbs to $18.7bn under Tinubu

“It is not good for anybody to say ‘my aspirant is the best of the aspirants. I don’t think so. All I preach is that people should talk on issues. Nigeria has a problem. If they have given you the opportunity, what are you going to do to make sure that Nigerians benefit?”

Pressed about his opinion on the southern governors’ forum resolution on the 2023 presidency, Wike said as a member of the forum he supports the resolution that the 2023 presidency should come to the south.

On whether he will join the presidential race, Wike was noncommital, saying he will not announce any intention on national television but with his people.

With Channe Television report

Leave a Reply