2023: Tinubu reacts to Osinbajo’s declaration at a meeting with APC governors

By our reporter| Former Lagos state governor, Ahmed Tinubu on Monday at a meeting with governors elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress said that non of his sons were old enough to contest the country’s presidency.

Tinubu, who earlier in the year declared his interest in the country’s top job made the disclosure at the Kebbi State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja, while reacting to Monday’s declaration by vice president Yemi Osinbajo to contest the 2023 presidency.

The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, Gboyega Akosile, shared photos of the governors and the APC chieftain’s meeting on his official Twitter handle.

“I don’t have any son grown enough to make such declaration,” Tinubu replied when asked about Osinbajo’s move.

See also  Police confirm Lakurawa bandits killed 33 in Kebbi attack

“My mission here is to seek collaboration, support, and encouragement of my party, the APC, for my ambition to become the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as a replacement for President Muhammadu Buhari after his tenure,” he added.

The Kebbi State Governor and the Chairman of the Progressive Governors’ Forum (PGF), Atiku Bagudu, also refuted claims that Osinbajo’s declaration pits him with his political godson.

According to him, the development shows the quality of persons in the ruling APC.

“The fact that we have people in our party that express desire to lead the party into the highest office in the electoral contest shows how much this our party has resonated with Nigerians and our party members,” the governor said.

Leave a Reply