By our reporter| A former member of the house of representatives and director-general of the Tinubu support group council, Abdulmumin Jibrin on Saturday said he has left the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Jibrin, according to sources, decided to quit the ruling party following a face-off with Kano state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje over his desire to contest for a seat in the house of reps on the party’s platform.
Ganduje with whom he had been having a running battle in the state reportedly blocked the move.
In a tweet via his Twitter handle on Saturday, Jubrin told supporters to expect news of his new political party in the next 24 hours.
“I have done my best for APC. It’s time to move on. I will announce my new political party within the next 24 hours insha Allah. I will make a formal statement in due course. Hon Abdulmumin Jibrin,” he tweeted.
Jibrin was elected to the lower legislative chamber in 2011 and 2015 but he fell out with the leadership and was suspended and removed from plum committees in 2016.
He was re-elected in 2019 but was sacked by a court in what he believed had the signature of Ganduje.
Afterward, President Muhammadu Buhari appointed him as an executive director in the Federal Housing Authority (FHA).
He was summoned by FHA disciplinary panel over alleged misconduct in February.


Leave a Reply