Kuje Attack: Abuja-Kaduna train highjack masterminds gave indications of imminent attacks which I shared with govt – Mediator

By our reporter| The terrorists that attacked and abducted passengers of a Kaduna-bound train are responsible for the Kuje Prison attack, Mallam Tukur Mamu, Media Consultant and publisher, said on Wednesday.

Mamu, who has been in talks with the terrorists, and negotiated the release of 11 train attack victims, stated this in a statement issued in Kaduna.

Mamu said before the attack, he shared intelligence with the authorities but they failed to act.

“I can confirm without doubt that the Kuje Correctional Centre attack was executed and coordinated by the same group that attacked the Abuja-Kaduna bound train, because they gave indications of imminent attacks to that effect which I shared.”

“For the records, they requested for the release of 51 of their members. But through power of dialogue and engagement, I single handedly scaled that number to only 10 and communicated with audio backing the development to the relevant authorities.

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

“There was unnecessary delay on giving them even a precise feedback by the government and now they have not only succeeded in carrying out another successful attack that indicts the nature of our intelligence and capacity to respond promptly but have also succeeded in releasing dozens of their members which would have been averted if action had been taken to give them only 10 and secure the release of the train victims.

“In all this risky, painful, and frustrating engagement which government is yet to acknowledge and appreciate I have more than 100 documented audios that I shared with the relevant authorities. For the purpose of this important press release and to authenticate my claims, I will also share 4 of the latest audios,” he said.

See also  Nuhu Ribadu accused of unlawfully detaining woman for months over recording alleged ‘romantic video call’ with Tinubu - Report

President Muhammadu Buhari while visiting the attacked facility on Wednesday expressed disappointment with the intelligence system and utilisation at the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Kuje in Abuja.

A visibly angry Buhari stated this while speaking to journalists during his visit to the correctional facility which came under attack by terrorists last night.

“I am disappointed with the intelligence system,” President Buhari was quoted as saying in a statement by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu.

“How can terrorists organize, have weapons, attack a security installation and get away with it?”

The Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) has claimed responsibility for the attack that freed all hardened members of the insurgent group being detained at the facility.

Leave a Reply