Troops have killed 30 terrorists behind ambush on presidential guard brigade – DHQ

The Defence Headquarters says its troops have eliminated 30 of the terrorists that attacked troops of the 7 guards battalion in the Bwari area of the federal capital territory (FCT).

According to NAN, Bernard Onyeuko, director of defence media operations, spoke during a press conference on Thursday.

Onyeuko said the clearance operation was conducted by troops of 7 guards battalion and 167 special force battalion in conjunction with the air component of Operation Whirl Punch between Sunday and Tuesday.

He said the troops successfully cleared Kawu and Ido villages, neutralised the insurgents, and destroyed their enclaves.

According to him, the ground troops recovered six motorcycles, two AK47 rifles, one fully loaded LMG magazine, and other items during the clearance operation.

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

“The hierarchy of the armed forces of Nigeria and other security agencies wishes to re-assured Nigerians of its commitment and pact with all Nigerians,” he said.

“With the recent operations carried out from July 23, we wish to assure residents of FCT in particular that we are undaunted and unrelenting in our efforts to ensure the safety of lives and properties.

“People should go about their normal business as their safety is guaranteed.

“The support and cooperation of all Nigerians is hereby solicited as security is everybody’s business. Citizens are encouraged to report any unusual persons in your community to security agencies. If you see something say something.”

Alabingo.com reported earlier that a battalion of the guards brigade which is responsible for protecting the president ran into an ambush during a routine patrol along the Kubwa-Bwari road on Sunday.

See also  Nigeria's debt to World bank climbs to $18.7bn under Tinubu

Three soldiers of the battalion sustained injuries during the attack.

Leave a Reply