Our reporter/ President Bola Tinubu has allegedly met with Imo State governor, Hope Uzodimma, National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu, the DSS DG, ICPC chairman, and acting EFCC chairman and ordered them to go after election petition judges in a bid to disrupt the proceedings of the tribunal, exiled Nigerian journalist, Ben Hundeyin said on Friday night.
Hundeyin, who made the disclosure via his verified Twitter handle, stated that his source for the story has never told him anything that is not true.
He, however, hopes the source fails this time around.
“Bola Tinubu has just finished an emergency meeting with Governor Hope Uzodinma, NSA, Nuhu Ribadu, DG, DSS, Yusuf Bichi, Chairman, ICPC and Acting Chair, EFCC, to go after all the Judges sitting on the Presidential Election Petition not sympathetic to the cause of the President”, he tweeted.
“They are also to go after the lawyers representing Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi to create panic and fear in a bid to disrupt the proceedings of the tribunal”.
This source has never told me anything untrue before. I hope this will be the first time.
Because if not…

The Nigeria judiciary has come under intense scrutiny in recent weeks as the country brace for rulings from the presidential election petition tribunal.
Earlier in the week, reports emerged of a reported telephone conversation between President Bola Tinubu, the CJN and the DSS director over a possible rerun of the presidential election. The Supreme Court has since denied that such conversation took place.
Also, on Thursday it was variously reported that one of the justices of the presidential election tribunal resigned over attempts to circumvent the proceedings of the tribunal for a political actor. Both the Appeal Court and the NJC subsequently denied the report.
Commenting on Hundeyin report, a highly placed Bureaucrat in Abuja told Alabingo.com on Saturday morning that we are at a stage in Nigeria where anything is possible. He recalled that months before the presidential election, reports emerged that INEC was not going to transmit election results live to their portal.
“Though INEC swiftly denied the reports, that was exactly what eventually happened. Nigeria is a jungle, nothing can be ruled out “, he said.
The presidency has not responded to the allegation. We will update the story when we get their response.


Leave a Reply