Kaduna Mosque Collapse: Ten dead, seven injured

Our reporter/ Ten persons have died and seven others were injured following the collapse of a mosque in Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Friday.

The incident occurred at about 4 pm when Muslim worshipers were observing their evening prayer.

According to eyewitnesses accounts, they were in the second Sujud Prayer when, suddenly, the affected portion of the mosque collapsed on those sitting directly at the section.

They explained that the victims were covered by the debris from the mud (some parts of the wall were built with mud) which had been in existence for the past 150 years.

Meanwhile, the Emir of Zazzau, Ambassador Nuhu Bamali, has expressed shock over the incident and prayed for the repose of the souls of those that died.

See also  Alleged Sexual Assault: TikToker Mirabel in ICU, investigations ongoing - Police

The Emir in an audio interview granted in the Hausa language, said they had earlier observed a crack on the wall of the mosque on Thursday.

According to him, they were making arrangements for the repair before Friday’s incident.

He, however, directed all worshipers to pray outside the mosque pending when the repair work is carried out.

In his reaction, the Chief Press Secretary to the Kaduna State Governor, Mohammed Shehu, said Governor Ubah Sani is shocked by the development.

He, also conveyed the governor’s condolence to the victims and their families, saying a delegation has been sent to the affected.

The victims were later buried according to Islamic rites.

 

Leave a Reply