Israel says Islamic Jihad ‘failed rocket launch’ to blame for Gaza hospital attack

A Hamas-run hospital treating wounded Palestinians and others seeking shelter in the Gaza Strip was hit by an airstrike Tuesday, killing hundreds of people, though Israel Defense Forces (IDF) blame the strike on the Islamic Jihad.

The Health Ministry said at least 500 people were killed at al-Ahli Baptist Hospital in Gaza City, which Hamas said was the result of an Israeli airstrike.

When asked earlier in the day, the IDF said it was investigating the source of the explosion, noting the hospital is a “highly sensitive building” and is “not an IDF target.”

After an investigation, the IDF provided its findings regarding the source of the airstrike.

“An analysis of IDF operational systems indicates that a barrage of rockets was fired by terrorists in Gaza, passing in close proximity to the al-Ahli [Baptist] hospital in Gaza at the time it was hit,” IDF officials said. “Intelligence from multiple sources we have in our hands indicates that Islamic Jihad is responsible for the failed rocket launch which hit the hospital in Gaza.”

See also  ICPC confirm El-Rufai is in their custody

Shortly after the strike, a senior Hamas official told Fox, “After the barbaric attack, it’s too early to talk about this.”

Hamas was targeting Tel Aviv with rocket fire Tuesday. The group has been targeting central Israel multiple times each day.

With Fox News report

 

Leave a Reply