Another Nigerian shot dead in South Africa

A yet to be identified Nigerian shot dead a fellow Nigerian, Tony Elochukwu on 24 April in broad day at a restaurant in South Africa.

Elochukwu was from Nnobi Anambra State.

The tragic news was conveyed by the Nigerians Citizens Association in South Africa (NICASA) in a letter sent by its president, Prince Ben Okoli to the Consular General, Nigerian Consulate in Johanesburg.

Elochukwu’s death was the latest to befall the Nigerian community. Three Nigerians were killed between April 6 and April 9 at different locations in the country.

In the letter, obtained by News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Saturday, Okoli decried the death and continued killings of Nigerians in South Africa.

“We received yet again the sad news of the death of another Nigerian in Witbank Mpumalanga province.

See also  Owo Church Attack: Court admits confessional statements, forensic report as DSS closes case

“Mr Tony Elochukwu from Nnobi Anambra State was shot twice in the head by an unidentified Nigerian gunman on April 24 at around 2:45pm,” he said.`

Okoli said that a lone Nigerian man walked to some Nigerians at a restaurant and inquired from them where to get some weed to smoke

He said those standing, however, told him that they did not know where since they do not smoke.

Okoli said the man then pulled out his gun and shot Elochukwu on the head and sped off in a car parked down the street.

He added that a case of murder had been opened at the police station by NICASA Chairman in Mpumalanga, Mr Obeji Chukwuma.

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

“This look like another case of Nigeria killing themselves. This ugly trend of Nigerians killed by fellow Nigerians is on the increase and is disturbing to our community.

“NICASA is deeply worried over the death and continued killings of our citizens in South Africa.

NAN

Leave a Reply