The Federal Government on Saturday claimed it has ‘credible evidence” to back up its outcry that the opposition is planning to “sabotage President Muhammadu Buhari’s Administration, generally overheat the polity and make the country ungovernable”.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed made the disclosure at the 2019 edition of his Annual Ramadan Lecture held at his home town Oro, Kwara.
He said, “As you are aware, a few days ago we raised the alarm that either by themselves or via their proxies, the PDP and it’s presidential candidate are doing everything possible to sabotage the Buhari Administration.
“Our interventions are based on credible evidence, and no government with the kind of evidence that we have, of plans to subvert the power of the state, attack the nation’s economic live wire and generally unleash mayhem on the polity, will keep quiet.
“The security agencies are all alert to their responsibilities and will not sit by and allow anyone to reverse the gains of our democracy under any guise.”
The minister who noted that similar alarms had been raised by the police, the military and the DSS, said the Buhari administration will neither be distracted nor dissuaded by pseudo and partisan analysts that had teamed up with the opposition to “either exhibit their ignorance or to engage in red herring and name calling”.
He continued, “I make this request against the background of those who are daily plotting to exploit our national fault lines of religion and ethnicity.
“Those who masquerade as democrats but can’t take electoral defeat, those who will not hesitate to collude with anti-democratic forces and deadenders to fan the embers of violence in the country
“Those who have elevated their personal ambition over and above our survival as a nation.”
The minister thanked all Nigerians for their support and prayers for the Administration, and urged them not to relent, especially in the run up to the May 29 nauguration of the President.
With NAN report