Atiku’s son test positive for Coronavirus

Yusuf Bello| The son of Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar on Sunday tested positive for coronavirus.

Atiku who made the disclosure of the son’s health status via his verified Twitter handle, said the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has been notified.

The former Vice-President of Nigeria further disclosed that his son has been moved to Gwagwalada Specialist Teaching Hospital in Abuja for treatment.

“My son has tested positive for coronavirus,” he tweeted.

“The @NCDCGov (Nigeria Centre for Disease Control) has been duly informed, and he has been moved to Gwagwalada Specialist Teaching Hospital in Abuja for treatment and management. I will appreciate it if you have him in your prayers. Stay safe, coronavirus is real.”

See also  PENGASSAN faults executive order on oil revenue, says Tinubu ill-advised

Earlier on Sunday the number of coronavirus cases in Nigeria rose to 30 with Lagos confirming three new cases on Sunday afternoon.

According to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), two of the three new cases recorded in Lagos are said to be returning travellers while one of them had contact with a confirmed case.

The federal capital territory (FCT) recorded one new case of the coronavirus on Sunday, bringing its total to four.

Ogun has two cases while Ekiti and Oyo has one each.

According to the World Health Organisation, there are currently over 1,000 cases of the virus across 42 countries in Africa

Leave a Reply