Bandits attack Sokoto mosque, abduct worshippers

Our reporter/ Suspected bandits have attacked a mosque in Bushe community, Sabon Birni Local Government Area of Sokoto state.

During the attack, the bandits kidnapped no fewer than 10 worshippers, including the Imam.

Eyewitnesses told Channels Television that the gunmen invaded the mosque on Thursday while worshippers were performing their early morning Subhi prayer.

Residents said the gunmen had been molesting the people of the community for some time now, even with the presence of security agents.

They noted that the timely intervention of the security agents led by the troops of Nigerian Army, was able to curtail the activities of the gunmen.

The Sokoto State Police Command confirmed the attack on Friday.

See also  Cardoso tasks Central Banks, DFIs on Africa’s growth

The Command’s spokesman, Ahmed Rufai, said the police authorities were working with other security agencies to rescue the abducted victims.

A member of the Sokoto State House of Assembly, representing the  Sabon Birni B state Constituency also confirmed the attack.

The lawmaker also commended the security agencies for their timely intervention.

Leave a Reply