Bandits invade Kaduna School, abduct only female students

By our reporter| Gunmen believed to be bandits on Thursday night stormed the Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation in Mando area of ​​Kaduna State and abducted female students of the school.

A witness said half of the female students were taken but not a single male was abducted, the BBC has reported.

Kaduna State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, who confirmed the incident said the exact number of students abducted is unknown.

“They were abducted last night, we have no details of the number of students,” ASP Jalige said.

According to Jalige, the Police was working with the Nigerian Army to trace the kidnappers and rescue the students.

The State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, who also confirmed the incident, stated that investigation is ongoing.

See also  Nigeria's debt to World bank climbs to $18.7bn under Tinubu

Thursday night’s abduction is the third major attack on a school in nothern Nigeria in 2021.

Bandits abducted students and staff of Government Science Secondary School, Kagara, Niger State, and Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, Zamfara State last month.

Leave a Reply