Bandits release another five Bethel students, four still in captivity

By our reporter/ Bandits on Friday released another five students Bethel Baptist High School in Damishi, Kaduna, abducted from their hostel in July this year.

The president of the Nigerian Baptist Convention, Israel Akanji who confirmed the release of the students, said they were released, alongside the matron of the school.

“Five of our Bethel Baptist High School students and the matron, making six, have just been released to us this evening, October 8,” he said.

“We thank God and trust that the remaining four students will also be released. Thank you for your prayers and support.”

He also said another student had earlier regained freedom on Sunday.

Suspected bandits had, on July 5, invaded the school located some few kilometres from Kaduna metropolis and abducted 121 students.

See also  Dangote call for protection of local investors, says naira to hit 1,000 to $1 this year

The bandits had said the students would be released in batches when they freed the first set of 28 on July 25, after a ransom of N100 million was reportedly collected.

Another 35 students were released in August.

In September, more of the remaining abducted students were released in batches.

Four of the students are, however, still in captivity.

 

Leave a Reply