Bandits threaten to keep kidnapped female students as wives, kill male colleagues

Yusuf Bello| Bandits are threatening to kill the male students and get married to the females of the 29 remaining abducted students of Federal College of Forestry Mechanisation, Afaka, Kaduna State, parents of the students said on Friday.

39 students of the school were abducted from their college dormitories on March 11, 2020, by the bandits but last week 10 of the students, seven males and three females were released.

The parents of the students who made the disclosure at a press conference in the school premises on Friday, urged Nigerians to help raise funds for them to rescue their children.

According to Friday Sanni, the Secretary of the group, affected parents have no choice but to pay the ransom for the release of their children.

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

He said, “We are calling on Nigerians, non-governmental organisations, charity organisations, and donors to come to our aid in donating to rescuer our children. We don’t know what is happening to them, the bandits have threatened to kill our children if we play with them.

“The other time they said they will marry the female and kill the men and that a time will come when even if we bring the money, the money will not be useful.”

“The government has said any parent who negotiates with the bandits will be prosecuted but most of the parents are already arrested emotionally, our children today are faced with AK 47 guns on them. The faith of our children is what we don’t know, they have spent 36 days without clothing, food, clean drinking water, or bathing.”

See also  Owo Church Attack: Court admits confessional statements, forensic report as DSS closes case

The bandits who abducted the students had demanded a N500 million ransom from the Kaduna State government but Governor Nasir El-Rufai has since called their bluff, insisting his government will not be held to ransome by bandits and kidnappers.

The bandits reached out to parents of the students following the decision of the state not to negotiate with them.

Leave a Reply