Ebun Francis || Benue state governor, Samuel Ortom on Wednesday imposed a curfew on Gboko in Gboko local government area of the state, following the lynching seven persons, believed to be herdsmen.
Some of the victims came to the park to board vehicles to Okene in Kogi state, while some were on their way to Taraba.
The setting ablaze of the Fulani herdsmen has set the town on edge.
The Benue state police command while confirming the incident through its spokesman, Moses Yamu, said: “irate youth” from the town carried out the attack.
“It was a skirmish at the Gboko Central Motor Park. The police immediately mobilised to the park but on getting there, we found that seven male adults, whose identities are yet to be ascertained, but believed to be Fulani by tribe, had been attacked, murdered and their bodies set ablaze by some irate Gboko youth in and around the motor park.”
Fatai Owoseni told Journalists that the police had made some arrests regarding the incident.
He also said those arrested were currently being interrogated and helping in investigations.
He said, “It is a pure act of criminality which has no ethnic or religious colouration.”
“Those behind the dastard act will be apprehended and dealt with according to the law of the land.”
The state government in a statement directed security agencies to man all strategic location in the town to prevent a break down of law and order.
The governor appealed to the residents to comply with the curfew, adding that those exempted were essential workers with “convincing” identification.

