By our reporter| Boko Haram terror group has released showing hundreds of boys believed to be the abducted students from Government secondary school, Kankara, Katsina State.
In the videos, the boys looking dirty and sandy packed together under foliage, were made to relay demands of the terrorist group, asking for vigilante groups to be dissolved and all schools “excluding Islamiyyah” closed.
The six minutes and 30 seconds long video features speeches purportedly from Shekau and a teenager believed to be one of the abducted schoolboys.
Some are weeping, some are visibly distraught, and speaking in tear-broken voice.
One boy stands in the middle of the rest and in a shaky voice speaks to the camera.
“You have to dissolve any gang of vigilantes and close any kind of schools, excluding Islamiyyah”, he says.
The distraught teenager, speaking in English and Hausa in the video, said he was among the students taken by “the gang of Abu Shekau.”
According to AFP, the video was sent via the same channel as previous messages by Boko Haram.
The boys were abducted by heavily armed gunmen believed to be bandits who invaded the school premises last Friday but
earlier this week, the leader of the Boko Haram terror group, Abubakar Shekau claimed responsibility for the abduction.
The Nigeria military, however, discredited the claim, insisting the raid was carried out by bandits.


Leave a Reply