Buhari: The death of Attahiru, other officers has increased our problems

Yusuf Bello| President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday bemoaned the death of Ibrahim Attahiru, chief of army staff, and 10 other military officers in a plane mishap last week, as the loss has affected the country’s fight against insecurity.

The President who stated this while receiving a delegation from the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) at the presidential villa, said he will continue to do his best to tackle the security challenges bedeviling the nation.

He said, “This is a situation that only God knows when it will happen and it happened at a time when the security situation in the country is a fundamental issue.”

“And to lose choice officers has increased our problem, but we know what we are in for and we will continue to work hard and pray hard so that God will give us the power to appreciate and apply ourselves to the problem.

See also  Owo Church Attack: DSS witness narrates how forensic analysis implicated suspected attackers

“The people who elected us, they know the promises we made within the time; the circumstances which we find ourselves. We will keep on trying and continue to do our best.”

Ekiti state governor and chairman of the NGF, Kayode Fayemi, who in his speech described the death of the officers as a big blow, however, added that the war against insecurity must be won.

Attahiru and the military officers died on Friday in a Beechcraft 350 aircraft that crashed near the Kaduna international airport.

They were buried at the national military cemetery in Abuja on Saturday.

Leave a Reply