COVID-19: Kogi rejects NCDC result

By our reporter| The Kogi government on Thursday rejected the test result announced by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Wednesday night which showed that two people from the state tested positive for COVID-19.

In a statement, Saka Haruna Audu, Kogi health commissioner, who disclosed that the state government has developed “full testing capacity” and “conducted hundreds of tests” which have come back negative, noted the state would not be a party “to any fictitious COVID-19 claims”.

Audu urged residents of the state to continue to take all necessary precautions to prevent a spread of the disease.

He said, “Kogi State till this very moment is Covid-19 free. We have developed full testing capacity and have conducted hundreds of tests so far which have come back negative.”

See also  Alleged Sexual Assault: TikToker Mirabel in ICU, investigations ongoing - Police

“We have also continued to insist that we will not be a party to any fictitious COVID-19 claims which is why we do not recognise any COVID-19 test conducted by any Kogite outside the boundaries of the State except those initiated by us.

“Any attempt to force us to announce a case of COVID-19 will be vehemently rejected.”

“We are more than prepared to secure the life of our people and have no interest in playing politics with their health concerns.”

The state commissioner for information, Kingsley Fanwo on his part said the state was evaluating the situation and gathering the facts.

He said, ”We cannot comment on the claims for now. We got to know like every other person. So we are evaluating the situation and gathering the facts.”

See also  NCC seeks stakeholders’ inputs on national telecoms policy review 

”When we have all the facts and information, we will communicate our position adequately and appropriately. Public health is a thing of great interest to the administration. Our people should remain calm as we gather the facts.”

Leave a Reply