EFCC hands over forfeited Dieziani property to Lagos for isolation centre

By our reporter| The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) on Friday handed the forfeited property of former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke, to the Lagos Government for use as an isolation centre for COVID-19 patients.

The six flats of three-bedrooms and a boys’ quarter had been forfeited to the Federal Government, following an order of a Federal High Court in Lagos in 2017.

The zonal head of the anti-graft agency in Lagos, Mohammed Rabo while handing over the property to Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, said the gesture is part of the agency’s support in curbing the spread of the virus.

Rabo said, “This gesture is part of the Commission’s efforts in discharging its own social responsibility towards the fight against the spread of coronavirus.

See also  SSS to arraign El-Rufai on Wednesday for cybercrime, national security breach

“The Commission is always committed and ready, alongside its mandate in fighting economic and financial crimes, to also render any essential service that may be required of it in the fight against the pandemic.

“Therefore, the state should not hesitate to call on the commission anytime the need for such an essential service arises.”

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, while acceting the gesture by the agency described it as a welcome collaboration between the Federal Government and the state government.

“The handing over is part of the national reach-out to curtail the pandemic.

“It is reassuring that you have been paying attention to what we have been doing, and part of the challenges we have been facing is getting isolation centres for the COVID-19 patients.

See also  US Supreme Court strikes down Trump's tariffs

“We will go round the facility to see what we can do to improve on it”, the governor said.

Leave a Reply